Continuing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic prompted the Lions Clubs International Board of Directors to transition the 106th Lions Clubs International Convention in Montreal to a virtual online event.
According to a Lions Clubs International news release:
- The 2021 convention will be a virtual event which is open to all Lions and Leos around the world.
- The registration fee will be US$50 until March 31, then US$75 beginning April 1. The registration fee for Leos will be US$30 regardless of date. The virtual convention is currently scheduled for June 25-29. Additional event and registration details will be provided soon.
- Lions currently registered for the in-person convention will soon receive an email with information about their registration options.
- Executive Officer and International Director elections will be conducted electronically, and voting procedures will be forthcoming.
- Convention updates and details will be posted at lcicon.lionsclubs.org as they become available.
This global health pandemic has forced us all to make decisions and changes that place health and safety first. However, we are optimistic that with each new day– there is hope, and as Lions, we continue to find new ways to stay connected, safely serve our communities, and continue our global mission of service.